Thursday, March 16, 2017

March 16

Homemade Ozone Scent Eliminator Storage Tote

Ozone use is rapidly gaining popularity in the hunting community as a method for scent control.  A post on Twitter from the handle @thwackem (Midwest Whitetails) discussed how to construct a homemade ozone scent eliminator tote.  I decided to try and make my own tote from a Sterilite container that I was not using. I found an Ozone generator on Amazon that closely resembles the generator used in the commercial ozone scent totes.

The whole project took less than 15 minutes with a total cost of less than $50 (commercial scent totes are priced at roughly $300).  An important step is to drill 4 holes in the side wall near the bottom of the tote to allow the ozone to dissipate after it has moved through the clothing.  Ozone can be damaging to rubber and elastic so I plan to use this initially on the lowest setting for the shortest amount of time until I gain more experience with using ozone.-KK

1 comment: